8.0.1 release?

Elvis Stansvik
Hi all,

To my great joy, Cory has fixed the Windows + old-ish Intel GPU
rendering problems with QVTKOpenGLWidget that I reported in [1]. I
verified the fix on our problematic machine today and closed the
issue.

It was the only one assigned to the 8.0.1 milestone AFAICS, so I was
just going to ask if the 8.0.1 release is now coming soon? Until then
we'll work with a VTK master snapshot.

Elvis

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

Re: 8.0.1 release?

David E DeMarle
This and https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2950 were the critical ones that I really wanted in 8.0.1.

We'll try and get 8.0.1 by the end of the month. Note that we won't go through the usual RC cycle for the patch release. If things turn up we'll just make an 8.0.2.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Elvis Stansvik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

To my great joy, Cory has fixed the Windows + old-ish Intel GPU
rendering problems with QVTKOpenGLWidget that I reported in [1]. I
verified the fix on our problematic machine today and closed the
issue.

It was the only one assigned to the 8.0.1 milestone AFAICS, so I was
just going to ask if the 8.0.1 release is now coming soon? Until then
we'll work with a VTK master snapshot.

Elvis

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

Re: 8.0.1 release?

Elvis Stansvik
Alright, thanks for the info David. That makes sense.

Elvis