A few nightly warnings and test failures introduced last Thursday

A few nightly warnings and test failures introduced last Thursday

Ken Martin

If you have committed to VTK between Thursday and now please take a look. The expected nightlies have a some warnings and test failures introduced since last Thursday.

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer

Re: A few nightly warnings and test failures introduced last Thursday

David E DeMarle
Looks like ArrayCalculator and MultiBlockPlot3DReader are responsible for the bulk of the warnings.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Ken Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you have committed to VTK between Thursday and now please take a look. The expected nightlies have a some warnings and test failures introduced since last Thursday.

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

Re: A few nightly warnings and test failures introduced last Thursday

VTK - Dev mailing list
These Windows/VS2013 warnings are also related to vtkArrayCalculator:

https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=4980673

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Shawn Waldon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've already merged a branch that fixes the inconsistent override warnings
> in vtkArrayCalculator.h after Cory pointed them out to me this morning.  My
> branch changed vtkArrayCalculator to be a subclass of
> vtkPassInputTypeAlgorithm so that it can be applied to vtkTables and
> vtkGraphs (for molecules).  So I don't think it is related to the other
> failures.
>
> Shawn
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Ken Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> If you have committed to VTK between Thursday and now please take a look.
>> The expected nightlies have a some warnings and test failures introduced
>> since last Thursday.
>>
>> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK
>>

>> --
>> Ken Martin PhD
>> Distinguished Engineer
>> Kitware Inc.
>> 28 Corporate Drive
>> Clifton Park NY 12065
>>
>> This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
>> legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
>> addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
>> not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
>> action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
>> received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
>> destroy the original message.  Thank you.

Re: A few nightly warnings and test failures introduced last Thursday

Shawn Waldon-2
Thanks for pointing those out David.  I thought I'd gotten all those when I compiled with VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE, but it missed deprecated functions called from other deprecated functions.  That is what is happening there.  The vtkArrayCalculator::SetAttributeModeToXXX() functions are calling vtkArrayCalculator::SetAttributeMode(), which I deprecated in favor of vtkArrayCalculator::SetAttributeType() which has its own variants (vtkArrayCalculator::SetAttributeTypeToXXX().  How do we handle deprecated functions called from deprecated functions?

Shawn

For the curious: the difference is that the old deprecated functions use custom constants declared in vtkArrayCalculator.h and the new functions take vtkDataObject::AttributeTypes constants (plus one custom constant for "default" (-1))  This let me refactor the calculator to use the vtkDataObject::GetAttributes()/GetNumberOfElements() API instead of down-casting each data type to get its data/data length.