ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

zlf

ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

zlf
ActiViz.NET reports unhandled exception from time to time while interacting window with mouse.

I am using ActiViz.NET 5.8.0 OpenSource Edition (x86). The exception occurs much more frequently when volume render is added to renderer.

Unhandled Exception:  System.Exception: error: could not get registered type - mteIndex='4294967295' classNameKey=''
   at Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.GetConstructorInfo(UInt32 mteIndex)
   at Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.CreateWrappedObjectImpl(UInt32 mteStatus, UInt32 mteIndex, UInt32 rawRefCount, IntPtr rawCppThis, Boolean callDisposalMethod, Boolean& created)
   at Kitware.mummy.Runtime.Methods.CreateWrappedObject(UInt32 mteStatus, UInt32 mteIndex, UInt32 rawRefCount, IntPtr rawCppThis, Boolean callDisposalMethod, Boolean& found)
   at Kitware.VTK.vtkObjectEventRelay.Execute(IntPtr caller, UInt32 eventId, IntPtr callData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageA(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()

Regards,

zlf

Re: ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

Arindam
I have also got same issue.Any Idea?

On 4/15/2013 7:44 AM, zlf wrote:
[...]

ARINDAM SAHA
Software Engineer

Triassic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
(+91) 471 2700050 (Office)
9746145220 (Mobile)

Disclaimer: This e-mail contains confidential information intended solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this email permanently from your records. Do not copy or distribute this e-mail and any such actions are unlawful. Except where this email is sent in the usual course of business, the views expressed in this email are those of the sender. Triassic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. accepts no responsibility for any indirect damage or loss suffered by reason of inaccuracy or incorrectness of the information in this email.

+ Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail.

Re: ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

franko
I have the same problem.  I get the following exception:
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
Additional information: error: could not get registered type - mteIndex='4294967295' classNameKey=''

I am using ActiViz.NET 5.8.0 OpenSource Edition (x86) and Visual Studio 2012 and C++. It takes a while to reproduce the problem, but it appears to be related to interacting with the mouse/keyboard. I created event handlers for vtkInteractorStyle for LeftButtonPressEvt and KeyPressEvt. In the event handlers I am trying to use vtkPropPicker to pick a vtk object.

If the event handler does not access any vtk objects, then the exception doesn't occur. If the event handler invokes any methods that access vtk objects (including methods that shouldn't change the object (e.g. renderer->VisibleActorCount()), the exception eventually occurs.

Has anyone had any success with this problem?

Regards,
Frank O
MixZon, Inc.

Re: ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

David Cole-2
> I have the same problem.  I get the following exception:
> A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
> Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
> An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
> Kitware.mummy.Runtime.dll
> Additional information: error: could not get registered type -
> mteIndex='4294967295' classNameKey=''

This sort of problem generally occurs when all C# references to the
object firing the event have gone out of scope. Try adding a member
variable that holds the event firing object alive while it is firing
events to your handler.

HTH,
David C.

Re: ActiViz.NET reports unhandled Exception while interacting window with Mouse

franko
Thanks David.

I had been changing the interactorStyle (with SetInteractorStyle) and then adding another event handler to the new interactorStyle.  I was not removing the event handler from the previous interactorStyle, so it was out of scope, causing the exception.

~Frank