Quantcast

Add text to vtkPoint

chrism
Hi,

I'm currently writing out vtkPoint data to a vtp file for visualization in Paraview. I would like to attach text data to this (the name of the point) to view in Paraview.

My end goal would be analogous to this

How should I do this? The VTK examples seem to be limited to using VTK directly to visualize v. Paraview.

Cheers
Chris

Re: Add text to vtkPoint

Rakesh  Patil

Hi,

Not sure how far it can be done using paraview. But using VTK this example might help you. 😊

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/LabeledDataMapper

Good luck

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

TATA ELXSI
Tel (D) +91 80 2297 9621
Cell +91 9890258407

Re: Add text to vtkPoint

chrism
Hi,

Shortly after my email I found that example! It got me in the right direction, thanks.

I've figured it out and the answer is not obvious:

Use this example for writting points to a file

Use the example you linked for building the vtkStringArray to hold the labels and adding it to the polydata in the above example
via

Then in Paraview, choose your point data, go to spreadsheet mode, select the points you want, then View->Selection Display Inspector. Choose the dataarray under point labels and it will show the text next to the point.

Thanks again!

On 28 April 2017 at 10:46, Rakesh Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Not sure how far it can be done using paraview. But using VTK this example might help you. 😊

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/LabeledDataMapper

Download and Build LabeledDataMapper. Click here to download LabeledDataMapper. and its CMakeLists.txt file. Once the tarball LabeledDataMapper.tar has been ...

Good luck

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

TATA ELXSI
Tel (D) <a href="tel:+91%2080%202297%209621" value="+918022979621" target="_blank">+91 80 2297 9621
Cell <a href="tel:+91%2098902%2058407" value="+919890258407" target="_blank">+91 9890258407