Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Sankhesh Jhaveri-2

The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.

You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:

http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate

Changes new to this release candidate include

  • Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
  • Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and vtkStreamLine

Take a look at the VTK wiki for a complete list of API changes in v8.0.0 over the previous version.

Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK mailing list or the bug tracker so that we can try to address them before the VTK 8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone on the issues and merge requests to ensure that they are tracked during the remainder of the 8.0 release process. Further, please base / rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2 tag (or earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.

As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.

Thanks,
VTK Maintenance Team

--
Sankhesh Jhaveri
Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | (518) 881-4417

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Elvis Stansvik

Hi Sankhesh,

Nice to see rc2 out, it has a fix for a problem I reported (thanks!). I'll update our software probably later today.

See below though.

Den 8 juni 2017 10:33 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <[hidden email]>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.
>
> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate
>
> Changes new to this release candidate include
>
> Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
> Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and vtkStreamLine
>
> Take a look at the VTK wiki for a complete list of API changes in v8.0.0 over the previous version.
>
> Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK mailing list or the bug tracker so that we can try to address them before the VTK 8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone on the issues and merge requests to ensure that they are tracked during the remainder of the 8.0 release process.

Just wanted to remind about

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

which I think should be a blocker for 8.0.0. I couldn't find a way to set the milestone when I reported, but I guess I just don't have the necessary bits.

Just wanted to promote this issue a little, as I was afraid it was falling through the cracks.

Thanks,
Elvis

Further, please base / rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2 tag (or earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.

> As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
> Sankhesh Jhaveri
> Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | (518) 881-4417
> ​

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Elvis Stansvik
We appreciate the reminder.

We did consider that issue in rc2 but are unsure yet if a fix will be in time for 8.0.0. If not, we'll make a .1 patch release as soon as the fix is in master.

Alright, perfectly understandable. In fact, I don't think anyone really know yet where the bug comes from. Ken thought it might be QTBUG-60742 rearing its head, but that's not it it seems.

But I hope it's a priority, since it means volume rendering is broken on the 4xxx Intel GPUs for all apps using the new QVTKOpenGLWidget.

Let me know if there's something I can do to help debug it.

Elvis

Thanks

On Friday, June 9, 2017, Elvis Stansvik <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sankhesh,

Nice to see rc2 out, it has a fix for a problem I reported (thanks!). I'll update our software probably later today.

See below though.

Den 8 juni 2017 10:33 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <[hidden email]>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.
>
> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate
>
> Changes new to this release candidate include
>
> Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
> Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and vtkStreamLine
>
> Take a look at the VTK wiki for a complete list of API changes in v8.0.0 over the previous version.
>
> Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK mailing list or the bug tracker so that we can try to address them before the VTK 8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone on the issues and merge requests to ensure that they are tracked during the remainder of the 8.0 release process.

Just wanted to remind about

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

which I think should be a blocker for 8.0.0. I couldn't find a way to set the milestone when I reported, but I guess I just don't have the necessary bits.

Just wanted to promote this issue a little, as I was afraid it was falling through the cracks.

Thanks,
Elvis

Further, please base / rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2 tag (or earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.

> As always, contact Kitware and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
> Sankhesh Jhaveri
> Sr. Research & Development Engineer | Kitware | <a href="tel:%28518%29%20881-4417" value="+15188814417" target="_blank">(518) 881-4417
> ​

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:%28518%29%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Sophonet
Any chance that one merge request can still be included in the final
release?

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2712

Thanks,

       Sophonet

On 2017-06-08 22:33, Sankhesh Jhaveri wrote:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release
> candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.
>
> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate
>
> Changes new to this release candidate include
>
>   * Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
>   * Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and
> vtkStreamLine
>
> Take a look at the VTK wiki [1] for a complete list of API changes in
> v8.0.0 over the previous version.
>
> Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK
> mailing list [2] or the bug tracker [3] so that we can try to address
> them before the VTK 8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone [4] on
> the issues and merge requests to ensure that they are tracked during
> the remainder of the 8.0 release process. Further, please base /
> rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2 tag [5] (or
> earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.
>
> As always, contact Kitware [6] and the mailing lists for assistance.
>
> Thanks,
> VTK Maintenance Team
>
> ​
> --
>
> SANKHESH JHAVERI
>
> _SR. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER_ | KITWARE [7] | (518) 881-4417
>
> ​
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/API_Changes_7_1_0_to_8_0_0
> [3] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues
> [4] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/6
> [5] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/tags/v8.0.0.rc2
> [6] http://www.kitware.com
> [7] http://www.kitware.com/

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

David E DeMarle
Yes thanks.

To make the release team aware of things (merge requests or issues) that are important for the release, add the version number (8.0 in this case) milestone in gitlab. Otherwise we won't necessarily know about it and will miss it.

I'll add the milestone to this now.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909

On 2017-06-08 22:33, Sankhesh Jhaveri wrote:
[...]

_SR. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER_ | KITWARE [7] | <a href="tel:%28518%29%20881-4417" value="+15188814417" target="_blank">(518) 881-4417

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/API_Changes_7_1_0_to_8_0_0
[3] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues
[4] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/milestones/6
[5] https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/tags/v8.0.0.rc2
[6] http://www.kitware.com
[7] http://www.kitware.com/

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

VTK - Users mailing list
vtkStreamer and vtkStreamLine classes are removed from VTK 8.0.0 what I can use instead ?
What method I can use instead removed vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D:Render
vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D:Render

Thank you

Fw: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

VTK - Users mailing list

Re: Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

VTK - Users mailing list
Thank's a lot for help