i want to visualize a RGB Volume and have a little problem. i do not think that there is a perfect solution, but maybe i am missing something.
Here i my problem:
There are three different Methods to visualize a RGB Volume:
1. Method: IndependentComponentsOn: three components (R,G,B), each with Colortransferfunction and opacityfunction
2. Method: IndependentComponentsOff: two components, first with Colortransferfunction and second with opacityfunction
3. Method: IndependentComponentsOff: four components, 1-3(R,G,B) with Colortransferfunction and fourth with opacityfunction
Here are the disadvantages for each Method:
1. Method: It is not possible to create a colorTransferFunction or opacityFunction for the intensity value of a color(voxel), it is only possible to set these functions for each components seperate. This can lead to falsified colors if the user changes these functions somehow (if you have the same color and opacity function for all components).
2. Method: the two components must have the same data type. the color component needs at least 3 byte, but there is no 3 byte type => 4 bytes for each component => 8 bytes per voxel => huge overhead. Moreover the image quality for maximum intensity BlendMode is not as good as for the 1. Method. If you have (in the volume) for example a green wall with value 250 and a red area behind it (for the current camera position) with value 200, you can't see the red area at all. In the first method the red area is displayed as yellow area (that is better).
3. Method: No colorFunction
Is there a Method without disadvantages?
Just so I understand, you’d like to be able to pass the RGB volume through a color lookup table too?
IMHO, if you have a RGB volume, adding a fourth component for opacity and setting an opacity function with
Note that with two dependent components, the first component values are used to lookup colors from the color transfer function i.e. the first component can be as small as 1 byte (unsigned char).
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:47 AM Willy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Powered by www.kitware.com
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ
Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
two components: if i use 1 byte for the first component i can only see 256 different colors, but i have 2^16 colors. I would need 8 byte to display that (4 per component)
four components: just 4 bytes in total, but no color function.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|