Building VTK 5.0 on Windows

Raffi Enficiaud

Hello,

I had the same problem. An (ugly and stupid) workaround to make CMake work is as the following:

The problem occurs at line 4 of the file “Wrapping/Tcl/vtkDetermineTkResources.cmake” and CMake doesn’t know the command “VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION”.

Just before that line, add the following command :

“INCLUDE(${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake/vtkTclTkMacros.cmake)”

which actually does contain the needed command.

This seems to fix the CMake problem.

Regards,

R.

Raffi Enficiaud

Re: Building VTK 5.0 on Windows

Charl P. Botha-2
On 2/13/06, Raffi Enficiaud <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had the same problem. An (ugly and stupid) workaround to make CMake work
> is as the following:
>

> The problem occurs at line 4 of the file
> "Wrapping/Tcl/vtkDetermineTkResources.cmake" and CMake
> doesn't know the command "VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION".
>
> Just before that line, add the following command :
>
> "INCLUDE(${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake/vtkTclTkMacros.cmake)"

I ran into the same problem and initially solved it in the same way.
It seems that nobody tested building with Python wrapping but not with
Tcl wrapping (which is logical, since many of the tests are
implemented in Tcl).

Building with both Python and Tcl wrappings on Windows also doesn't
show this problem.

Re: Building VTK 5.0 on Windows

Mathieu Malaterre-2
Charl P. Botha wrote:

> On 2/13/06, Raffi Enficiaud <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I had the same problem. An (ugly and stupid) workaround to make CMake work
>>is as the following:
>>

>>The problem occurs at line 4 of the file
>>"Wrapping/Tcl/vtkDetermineTkResources.cmake" and CMake
>>doesn't know the command "VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION".
>>
>>Just before that line, add the following command :
>>
>>"INCLUDE(${VTK_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake/vtkTclTkMacros.cmake)"
>

> I ran into the same problem and initially solved it in the same way.
> It seems that nobody tested building with Python wrapping but not with
> Tcl wrapping (which is logical, since many of the tests are
> implemented in Tcl).
>
> Building with both Python and Tcl wrappings on Windows also doesn't
> show this problem.

Could someone of you please report this as a bug.

http://vtk.org/Bug

Thanks
Mathieu