Quantcast

Coloring of Iso-Surfaces (vtkContourFilter)

Coloring of Iso-Surfaces (vtkContourFilter)

Sebastian Gatzka
Hello world.

After I have finally found a way of making the vtkContourFilter work I'm now facing how to color them.
I want to color them according to the value they are having.
Example: The cutting plane displays the "right" color for the scalar data, but the iso-surfaces (contours) are colored identically.
Have a look at the screenshot in the attachment.

So, what do I have to do, to set up the right coloring?

Here is the code I am using to create the contours:

vtkContourFilter *scalarIsoSurface = vtkContourFilter::New();
scalarIsoSurface->SetInput(sGridPointData->GetOutput());
scalarIsoSurface->SetValue(0,3);
scalarIsoSurface->SetValue(1,5);
scalarIsoSurface->Update();

vtkPolyDataNormals *sGridPolyDataNormal = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
sGridPolyDataNormal->SetInput(scalarIsoSurface->GetOutput());
sGridPolyDataNormal->Update();

vtkPolyDataMapper *scalarIsoSurfaceMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->SetInput(sGridPolyDataNormal->GetOutput());
scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->Update();

vtkActor *scalarIsoSurfaceActor = vtkActor::New();
scalarIsoSurfaceActor->SetMapper(scalarIsoSurfaceMapper);

Have a nice day.
Sebastian

iso.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Coloring of Iso-Surfaces (vtkContourFilter)

David E DeMarle
scalarIsoSurface->ComputeScalarsOn();

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Sebastian Gatzka
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello world.
>
> After I have finally found a way of making the vtkContourFilter work I'm now
> facing how to color them.
> I want to color them according to the value they are having.
> Example: The cutting plane displays the "right" color for the scalar data,
> but the iso-surfaces (contours) are colored identically.
> Have a look at the screenshot in the attachment.
>
> So, what do I have to do, to set up the right coloring?
>
> Here is the code I am using to create the contours:
>
> vtkContourFilter *scalarIsoSurface = vtkContourFilter::New();
> scalarIsoSurface->SetInput(sGridPointData->GetOutput());
> scalarIsoSurface->SetValue(0,3);
> scalarIsoSurface->SetValue(1,5);
> scalarIsoSurface->Update();
>
> vtkPolyDataNormals *sGridPolyDataNormal = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
> sGridPolyDataNormal->SetInput(scalarIsoSurface->GetOutput());
> sGridPolyDataNormal->Update();
>
> vtkPolyDataMapper *scalarIsoSurfaceMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
> scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->SetInput(sGridPolyDataNormal->GetOutput());
> scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->Update();
>
> vtkActor *scalarIsoSurfaceActor = vtkActor::New();
> scalarIsoSurfaceActor->SetMapper(scalarIsoSurfaceMapper);
>
> Have a nice day.
> Sebastian

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: Coloring of Iso-Surfaces (vtkContourFilter)

Sebastian Gatzka
No, still blue ...

[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: Coloring of Iso-Surfaces (vtkContourFilter)

Sebastian Gatzka
I have a lookuptable I use for a cutting plane, which is set up and displaying correctly.
Concerning the contour filter I did nothing with lookup tables. Just the code below.
Do I have to use one?

[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

You have to do something like that

scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->SetLookupTable( cuttingPlaneLUT );

Therefore the mapper will color both outputs with the same color manner.

Seb

[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

I forgot to say that binding a LUT to a mapper might not be enough, you have to set the Scalar range to the mapper as well.
But at least, the LUT is properly set.

scalarIsoSurfaceMapper->SetScalarRange( sGridPointData->GetOutput()->GetScalarRange() );

Hope I did not forget something else... ;-)

Seb