Convert STL to DCM

Matimont
Hi,

Is there a method to convert a STL file to DCM slices?

I'm able to export a DCM serie to STL but I couldn't find the other way around.

thanks,

Matias.
--
Matias

Re: Convert STL to DCM

Sebastian Hilbert
Am Donnerstag, 11. August 2016, 13:16:48 CEST schrieb Matias Montroull:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a method to convert a STL file to DCM slices?
>
> I'm able to export a DCM serie to STL but I couldn't find the other way
> around.

I am not aware of any straighforward way to do this.

Have a look at binvox

One way would be to voxelize your mesh, then convert to nrrd (e.g. binvox)
then to dcm.

You would have to look into creating one dcm file per slice or one multislice
dcm file.

It can be done.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: Convert STL to DCM

chiranjibsur
Hi Matias,
As far as I know there is no direct converted available for STL to DCM.
But if you do this workaround it is possible :

STL -> VTP (polydata) -> DCM

Once you have the data in polydata format, you will be able to slice it using ParaView.

The following links might help you

vtkSTLReader is the class you need to use to read the STL file within VTK.

Thanks,
Chiranjib