Quantcast

Custom Text Overlay Annotations on vtkResliceImageViewer

Custom Text Overlay Annotations on vtkResliceImageViewer

Randy Underwood
Hi,
  I would like to add some custom text annotation information to the display of each image displayed in vtkResliceImageViewer (or other viewer or window is fine too). Suppose I have a volumetric dataset (a stack of axial CT images) loaded in the viewer. As the user scrolls through the images I would like to display the current window width and level, the location of the current slice within the volume and some additional information the current slice. What is the correct (or preferred) mechanism for modifying vtkResliceImageViewer to display my custom information for each displayed slice.
Thank you.
Randy

Re: Custom Text Overlay Annotations on vtkResliceImageViewer

Dean Inglis-2
Hi Randy,

I have had success with vtkCornerAnnotation in single view and multi-view scenarios.
The pipeline you could use might be:
vtkImageData -> vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors -> vtkCornerAnnotation

The output of the map to window level colors would also be input into a vtkImageActor in a vtkRenderer.
You can use callbacks to transmit shared window level interaction and values among multiple renderers.
 vtkImageViewer2 is an example of how to get this kind of interaction working in a single view.

- Dean