Cutting with a PolyLine

Bruno da Silva de Oliveira
Hi there,

I would like to know how to cut a vtkDataSet using a polyline. I have
tried vtkImplicitDataSet for that, using a vtkPolyData containing only
one polyline and with its point scalars set to 1.0, while setting the
OutValue of vtkImplicitDataSet to 0.0, in the hope that vtkCutter with a
cut value of 1.0 would cut exactly in the polyline. It didn't work, no
polyline was generated by vtkCutter. Studying its algorithm I understood
why: vtkCutter loops over all the points of the input dataset,
evaluating the function's value for that point and then contouring the
resulting dataset with each cut value.

My question is: is there any other way to cut a dataset with a polyline
without implementing my own polyline function, or is there another way?

Best Regards,

--
Bruno da Silva de Oliveira
[hidden email]

Re: Cutting with a PolyLine

David.Pont
Bruno da Silva de Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote on 20/01/2006
09:20:55:

Hi Bruno,
  take a look at vtkImplicitSelectionLoop
  regards