Dashboards

Ken Martin

They are in pretty bad shape and the trend is not good. Let's clean these up.

- Two wiki failing buildbot tests going on multiple weeks

- Failing compile

In file included from /home/kitware/Dashboards/My Tests/VTK-gnu/IO/Export/vtkX3DExporterXMLWriterJava.cxx:6:0:
/home/kitware/Dashboards/My Tests/VTK/IO/Export/vtkX3DExporterXMLWriter.h:80:15: error: field 'ActTab' has incomplete type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>}'
   std::string ActTab;

- discretizableColorTFun warnings

K/Rendering/Core/vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction.h:83:3: warning: declaration does not declare anything [-Wmissing-declarations]

- bunch of utf8 compile warnings

/Users/builder/external/VTK/ThirdParty/utf8/vtkutf8/utf8/checked.h:45:42: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated [-Wdeprecated-dynamic-exception-spec]
        virtual const char* what() const throw() { return "Invalid code point"; }

- missing override

In file included from /Users/builder/external/VTK/Utilities/PythonInterpreter/vtkPythonInterpreter.cxx:22:
/Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Misc/vtkResourceFileLocator.h:97:3: warning: '~vtkResourceFileLocator' overrides a destructor but is not marked 'override' [-Winconsistent-missing-destructor-override]
  ~vtkResourceFileLocator();
  ^
/Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Core/vtkObject.h:243:3: note: overridden virtual function is here
  ~vtkObject() override;

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer

Re: Dashboards

Bill Lorensen
I'm checking the logic in vtkTesting when baselines have differing
extents. Something is fishy. I have a proper baseline for FullScreen
but vtkTesting is not recognizing it since there are multiple
baselines with differing extents...

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Ken Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> They are in pretty bad shape and the trend is not good. Let's clean these
> up.
>
> - Two wiki failing buildbot tests going on multiple weeks
>
> https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=5151867
>
> - Failing compile
>
> In file included from /home/kitware/Dashboards/My
> Tests/VTK-gnu/IO/Export/vtkX3DExporterXMLWriterJava.cxx:6:0:
> /home/kitware/Dashboards/My
> Tests/VTK/IO/Export/vtkX3DExporterXMLWriter.h:80:15: error: field 'ActTab'
> has incomplete type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka
> std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>}'
>    std::string ActTab;
>

> - discretizableColorTFun warnings
>
> K/Rendering/Core/vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction.h:83:3: warning:
> declaration does not declare anything [-Wmissing-declarations]
>
> - bunch of utf8 compile warnings
>
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/ThirdParty/utf8/vtkutf8/utf8/checked.h:45:42:
> warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated
> [-Wdeprecated-dynamic-exception-spec]
>         virtual const char* what() const throw() { return "Invalid code
> point"; }
>

> - missing override
>
> In file included from
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Utilities/PythonInterpreter/vtkPythonInterpreter.cxx:22:
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Misc/vtkResourceFileLocator.h:97:3:
> warning: '~vtkResourceFileLocator' overrides a destructor but is not marked
> 'override' [-Winconsistent-missing-destructor-override]
>   ~vtkResourceFileLocator();
>   ^
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Core/vtkObject.h:243:3: note: overridden
> virtual function is here
>   ~vtkObject() override;
>

> --
> Ken Martin PhD
> Distinguished Engineer
> Kitware Inc.
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park NY 12065
>
> This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
> legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
> addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
> not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
> action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
> received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
> destroy the original message.  Thank you.

Re: Dashboards

Ben Boeckel
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 08:25:09 -0500, Ken Martin wrote:

> - bunch of utf8 compile warnings
>
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/ThirdParty/utf8/vtkutf8/utf8/checked.h:45:42:
> warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated
> [-Wdeprecated-dynamic-exception-spec]
>         virtual const char* what() const throw() { return "Invalid
> code point"; }
>

> - missing override
>
> In file included from
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Utilities/PythonInterpreter/vtkPythonInterpreter.cxx:22:
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Misc/vtkResourceFileLocator.h:97:3:
> warning: '~vtkResourceFileLocator' overrides a destructor but is not
> marked 'override' [-Winconsistent-missing-destructor-override]
>   ~vtkResourceFileLocator();
>   ^
> /Users/builder/external/VTK/Common/Core/vtkObject.h:243:3: note:
> overridden virtual function is here
>   ~vtkObject() override;

These two are here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/3588

But I need to see if `noexcept` works on VS2013's toolchain or not (will
do today).

--Ben

Re: Dashboards

Bill Lorensen