Delaunay3D: find a tetrahedron enclosing a query point

Delaunay3D: find a tetrahedron enclosing a query point

leonid

Hello.

Suppose I have built a 3D delaunay triangulation out of N points.  Now I
have a query point, and I need to find the tetrahedron of the triangulation
which encloses the query point.  How to do it?

I am aware of CellLocator, but the documentation warns that it might be
slow.  Is there some fast (and ideally simple) method that utilizes the fact
that the tetrahedrons are not arbitrary, but rather the result of 3D
delaunay?

Thank you,

leonid

Re: Delaunay3D: find a tetrahedron enclosing a query point

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi,

Though I'm not sure how helpful that will be for performance
improvement, there is a protected member function FindTetra() in
vtkDelaunay3D. This way doesn't make use of the Delaunay properties
such as convexity, but it might be faster than CellLocator. However,
if you try, you need to re-implement this because this cannot be
directly accessed outside of the class.

Regards,