Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl etc)

Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl etc)

vacingforo
I would like to has a set of test functions that let know how many, which
elements of a mesh model(STL file) has geometric errors(Non-manifold
elements, Self-intersections, etc:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~taoju/research/repairsurvey.pdf ).
In addition to this, It would be great if I also can fix it after diagnostic
these errors.
Is there functions or ways to do that with VTK?

Re: Diagnostic of Geometric errors in a Mesh(.stl etc)

Cory Quammen-2
You can use vtkFeatureEdges [1] to identify edges that a non-manifold.
Nothing I know of does self-intersection tests, but you could may do
this yourself with vtkTriangle::TrianglesIntersect() [2].

I'm not aware of anything that will fix these situations automatically.

HTH,
Cory

[1] https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkFeatureEdges.html
[2] https://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkTriangle.html#a26cd88fc3c83b075f84387ef0eef98b9