Quantcast

Disable vtkNetCDF module without disabling StandAlone group?

Disable vtkNetCDF module without disabling StandAlone group?

Elvis Stansvik
Hi all,

I'm trying to disable building of the vtkNetCDF module without
disabling the entire StandAlone group. Is it possible?

It looks to me like it isn't, since vtkNetCDF is part of the StandAlone group.

But if I do -DVTK_Group_StandAlone=OFF (which I'm not even sure is
possible?), then I think I must individually enable all the modules of
that group that I want, which leads to a lot (!) of cmake arguments :/

My goal is to compile VTK without linking to the HDF5 library.

Thanks in advance,
Elvis

Re: Disable vtkNetCDF module without disabling StandAlone group?

Elvis Stansvik

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to disable building of the vtkNetCDF module without
> disabling the entire StandAlone group. Is it possible?
>
> It looks to me like it isn't, since vtkNetCDF is part of the StandAlone group.
>
> But if I do -DVTK_Group_StandAlone=OFF (which I'm not even sure is
> possible?), then I think I must individually enable all the modules of
> that group that I want, which leads to a lot (!) of cmake arguments :/
>
> My goal is to compile VTK without linking to the HDF5 library.

Actually, looking at what gets enabled if I disable the StandAlone
group and enable the Imaging, Views and Qt groups, it seems pretty
spot on for what I want (and it disabled the vtkNetCDF module). So I'm
happy now, provided that the compile goes through :)

Elvis