Displaying 2D image with vtkPolyData

Eric
Hello,

I have various cardiac CT scans where I've segmented various areas and created STL files (using Mimics) of the objects.  I then have Python scripts where I am able to read, and display, these objects using VTK.  I don't have any issue with this part.  I also have bi-plane fluoroscopy (2D) images of the same patients where I would like to display the bi-plane images with the imported vtkPolyData (from CT scans) to fuse the two imaging modalities.

I've been looking around for how to display 2D images (either directly from DICOM or 2D numpy array) with 3D vtkPolyData objects and I'm struggling to find a good example.

Can anyone suggest some filters and usage to get me started?

Eric