Endpoints not follow distance line when moving

Endpoints not follow distance line when moving

minyang
Hi VTK User,

My VTK version is 7.1. I use vtkDistanceWidget + vtkDistanceRepresentation2D + vtkPointHandleRepresentation2D to do measurement. After adjust endpoints, then move distance line by move mouse with holding left mouse button, the endpoints not follow the line, as below snapshot. When release the left mouse button, endpoints catch up with the line.
Any one know how to make the endpoints follow with distance line when moving?

Best Wishes,
min

Re: Endpoints not follow distance line when moving

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi min,

Could you substitute vtkLineWidget2 + vtkLineRepresentation for
vtkDistanceWidget, etc.? I am not familiar with them, but as far as I
tried the
following example the endpoints of vtkLineRepresentation seemed to
follow the line properly. (Notice that there are options for distance
annotation in the vtkLineRepresentation)
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Widgets/LineWidget2/

Thanks,
yoshimi

> Hi VTK User,
>
> My VTK version is 7.1. I use /vtkDistanceWidget +
> vtkDistanceRepresentation2D + vtkPointHandleRepresentation2D/ to do
> measurement. *After adjust endpoints*, then move distance line by move mouse
> with holding left mouse button, the endpoints *not follow the line*, as
> below snapshot. When release the left mouse button, endpoints catch up with
> the line.
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5744325/measurement_point_moving.png>
> Any one know how to make the endpoints follow with distance line when
> moving?
>
> Best Wishes,
> min

Re: Endpoints not follow distance line when moving

minyang
Hi Yoshimi,

Thanks for your replication. vtkLineWidget2 + vtkLineRepresentation  could be a workaround.

Thanks,
min