Error compiling OpenGL on Linux

Ricardo Santos
Hello everyone!

     I am trying to build VTK on linux and I am having a problem that I do not understand with OpenGL.

On CMake I have left the OpenGL2 option on the variable on VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND and I receive the error message during make:

(...)
[ 41%] Built target vtkRenderingOpenGL2Java
[ 42%] Built target vtkRenderingOpenGL2JavaJavaClasses
[ 42%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/vtkProbeOpenGLVersion
Rendering/OpenGL2/CMakeFiles/vtkProbeOpenGLVersion.dir/build.make:108: recipe for target 'bin/vtkProbeOpenGLVersion' failed
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7640: recipe for target 'Rendering/OpenGL2/CMakeFiles/vtkProbeOpenGLVersion.dir/all' failed

      Have anyone gotten a problem like this one?

    Btw, if I set the VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND variable to None, I get the same error.

Ricardo Santos

Re: Error compiling OpenGL on Linux

Ricardo Santos
And, I have GLEW-dev packcage installed on my Linux.

I am Running Ubuntu 18,04, furthermore

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 5:51 PM Ricardo Santos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Paulo Carvalho
Hello, Ricardo,

   Common sources of problems with OpenGL (both for linking and runtime) are old graphics card driver and lack of GLU libraries.  Make sure these are installed and upgraded to latest version.

cheers,

Paulo