Export 3D to use with SolidWorks or any other 3d Soft

Export 3D to use with SolidWorks or any other 3d Soft

Matimont
Hi,

I'm currently using VTK to display a 3D image in a RenderWindow.

I also save in memory the 3D Image as Is there an easy way to export the image to a format that SolidWorks can read? (or any other format for other tools that can then export into SolidWorks).
I currently have a  vtkPolyDataMapper that hold the image and I use an actor to display.

Thanks,

Matias.
--
Matias

Re: Export 3D to use with SolidWorks or any other 3d Soft

David Gobbi
Hi Matias,

You can find a summary of VTK scene exporters here:

That said, I don't quite understand your post.  You say "3D image",
but generally, a 3D image is not something that would be held by a
vtkPolyDataMapper, nor is it something that SolidWorks could use.
What, exactly, is the data that you want to export?

 - David

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Matias Montroull <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using VTK to display a 3D image in a RenderWindow.

I also save in memory the 3D Image as Is there an easy way to export the image to a format that SolidWorks can read? (or any other format for other tools that can then export into SolidWorks).
I currently have a  vtkPolyDataMapper that hold the image and I use an actor to display.

Thanks,

Matias.
--
Matias

Re: Export 3D to use with SolidWorks or any other 3d Soft

Matimont
Hi Gobbi, I finally got it working:

 vtkSTLWriter exportador = vtkSTLWriter.New();
            exportador.SetFileName("test.stl");
            exportador.SetInputConnection(skinnormals.GetOutputPort());
            exportador.Update();
            exportador.Write();

skinnormals is a vtkPolyDataNormals object that holds the data I wanted to export.

Thanks!