Exporting to vector format problem.

rakesh patil
Hi,

I have derived my own class from vtkScalarBarActor. I have redefined ConfigureScalarBar() function. I am getting the desired output on the render window. When I export the renderwindow contents to vector format using vtkGL2PSExporter, the output PS file misses drawing the colour bar. If I replace my derived class with vtkScalarBarActor, the PS file shows proper output. Really wondering what might have gone wrong.

Attached the code of my derived class. Experienced users/VTK developers, help me out to fix this problem.

Thanks & Regards
Rakesh Patil

MyScalarBarActor.zip (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Exporting to vector format problem.

David Lonie-2
On the OpenGL backend, the scalar bar is handled specially by the
GL2PS export code. See
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/IO/ExportOpenGL/vtkOpenGLGL2PSExporter.cxx#L798

Exporting vector graphics through GL2PS is a rather tedious process
that requires some manual setup for certain actors. In this case, we
need to specially handle the scalar bar in order to get the textured
color bar to appear correctly. I don't see a way to work around this
without modifying the exporter itself.

On the OpenGL2 backend, the whole thing will be exported as a raster
image, aside from the text labels which will be scalable. So you
should at least see something in the output from the new backend.

HTH,
Dave