Geodesics on meshes - gerrit topic

Karthik Krishnan-3
Dear all:

I've added a few new VTK classes, tests and a third party library for computation of geodesic distance fields and tracing geodesic paths on surface meshes based on the Fast Marching method.

I've pushed a gerrit topic for review at http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/12187/

For details please refer to the following article on the VTK journal: http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3415

Thanks
--
karthik

Re: Geodesics on meshes - gerrit topic

Yumin Yuan
Bill,

The link worked for me.

Did you miss a "5" at the end?

Yumin

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Karthik,

does not exist.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Karthik Krishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all:

I've added a few new VTK classes, tests and a third party library for computation of geodesic distance fields and tracing geodesic paths on surface meshes based on the Fast Marching method.

I've pushed a gerrit topic for review at http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/12187/

For details please refer to the following article on the VTK journal: http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3415

Thanks
--
karthik

Re: Geodesics on meshes - gerrit topic

Karthik Krishnan-3
sorry.. It is as Yumin mentioned. I missed the trailing '5' in the commit message. Thanks for pointing this out.

I can see the build errors on Mac that I need to address.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Bill Lorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sean McBride
On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:37:29 +0530, Karthik Krishnan said:

>I can see the build errors on Mac that I need to address.

Any chance we can turn on Java wrapping on the Mac continuous dashboard (kargad.kitware)?  I see that its note file includes:

#VTK_WRAP_JAVA:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Geodesics on meshes - gerrit topic

David E DeMarle
Sure. I will give that a whirl that tomorrow.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Sean McBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:37:29 +0530, Karthik Krishnan said:

>I can see the build errors on Mac that I need to address.

Any chance we can turn on Java wrapping on the Mac continuous dashboard (kargad.kitware)?  I see that its note file includes:

#VTK_WRAP_JAVA:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_TCL:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: Geodesics on meshes - gerrit topic

anis kacem
Hello Karthik,

Please I am using your code to compute geodesic distance on Mesh using Fast Marching. I have a problem with some meshes : the algorithm cannot compute all distances the result was -1 for some vertices (Please find attached an image that explains what I am trying to say).
Is there any condition for the mesh to use your algorithm ? Thank you for your answer !