Getting corresponding points from ICP Transform.

Getting corresponding points from ICP Transform.

Xentro
Hey there,

I need to fit two smaller datasets to a larger one by first using ICP to match them onto the larger data set and then use a least squares landmark transform to align them with the larger piece. Now for the landmark transform i need two datasets of corresponding points. ICP should calculate this for me but how do I get the data from the ICP transform to input into LandmarkTransform? I know I can get a celllocator from the ICP class but I have no idea what this locator contains or how to use it.

Regards, Xentro

Re: Getting corresponding points from ICP Transform.

David Doria-2-3
On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Xentro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey there,

I need to fit two smaller datasets to a larger one by first using ICP to
match them onto the larger data set and then use a least squares landmark
transform to align them with the larger piece. Now for the landmark
transform i need two datasets of corresponding points. ICP should calculate
this for me but how do I get the data from the ICP transform to input into
LandmarkTransform? I know I can get a celllocator from the ICP class but I
have no idea what this locator contains or how to use it.

Regards, Xentro

Are you just looking for the transform matrix that the ICP filter computes? If so:

vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrix4x4> transformMatrix = iterativeClosestPointTransform->GetMatrix();

See this example for how to then transform one of your point sets using vtkTransformPolyDataFilter:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/IterativeClosestPointsTransform

David

Re: Getting corresponding points from ICP Transform.

Xentro
This post was updated on .
This is not what I'm looking for, I'll try to be more specific.

So ICP calculates the closest points for a given dataset on another dataset, right? It does this by matching points from one dataset onto points in the other one. So what I need as "output" for my ICP is basically two datasets with corresponding points that I can then use as target and source for a vtkLandmarkTransform.