Help with vtkInterpolateDataSetAttributes

Help with vtkInterpolateDataSetAttributes

David E DeMarle via vtkusers

I am attempting to interpolate between two ExodusII (vtkExodusIIReader) results using the vtkInterpolateDataSetAttributes, but am having trouble getting it to work. I was able to perform an interpolation that mimics the behavior with calls to vtkAbstractArray::InterpolateTuple, but this doesn’t seem like the correct solution.

I have attached a script that show what I am trying to do, including what is working and what is not. I know that for this problem I could use vtkTemporalInterpolator, but for the actual problem I am trying to solve it isn’t appropriate. I am using python bindings with VTK7.1 on MacOS.

I would appreciate any help I can get making this work.

Thanks,

Andrew

input_no_adapt_out.e (48K) Download Attachment
interpolate_data_set.py (2K) Download Attachment