Hole filling - getting individual components

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hole filling - getting individual components

oblakr
Hi,

I have a model with holes in it, which I am able to fill with the fillHolesFilter (thus getting the poly data with all holes filled).

However, I want to separate all the added surfaces (individual filled holes) into separate polydatas, but I don't see this functionality in the fillHolesFilter.

I was thinking about doing something by intersecting the original model with the filled model, but I don't know what method to use and how to do it efficiently. Does anybody know of a good way of doing this?

Thanks and best regards,
Rok
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hole filling - getting individual components

Bill Lorensen
Do you need each hole or just all of the holes as a single component?
I think I have a solution. I'll post an example tomorrow.


On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 5:53 PM, oblakr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a model with holes in it, which I am able to fill with the
> fillHolesFilter (thus getting the poly data with all holes filled).
>
> However, I want to separate all the added surfaces (individual filled holes)
> into separate polydatas, but I don't see this functionality in the
> fillHolesFilter.
>
> I was thinking about doing something by intersecting the original model with
> the filled model, but I don't know what method to use and how to do it
> efficiently. Does anybody know of a good way of doing this?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Rok
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Hole-filling-getting-individual-components-tp5743851.html
> Sent from the VTK - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ
>
> Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers



--
Unpaid intern in BillsBasement at noware dot com
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hole filling - getting individual components

oblakr
Hi,

It would be preferable if they are separate but even if they are a single component I can manually split them based on connectivity.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hole filling - getting individual components

Bill Lorensen
I just added this example to the VTK Examples:

https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Meshes/IdentifyHoles/


On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 2:31 AM, oblakr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be preferable if they are separate but even if they are a single
> component I can manually split them based on connectivity.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Hole-filling-getting-individual-components-tp5743851p5743853.html
> Sent from the VTK - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Powered by www.kitware.com
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ
>
> Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers
>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers



--
Unpaid intern in BillsBasement at noware dot com
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hole filling - getting individual components

oblakr
Hi,

this solves my problem. Thank you very much, very appreciated.

Best regards,
Rok
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Hole filling - getting individual components

Bill Lorensen
IF you see errors or improvemens please follow the procedure here:

Also, tell all of your friends about the VTK Examples.



On Jul 2, 2017 1:55 PM, "oblakr" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

this solves my problem. Thank you very much, very appreciated.

Best regards,
Rok



--
View this message in context: http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Hole-filling-getting-individual-components-tp5743851p5743858.html
Sent from the VTK - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers

_______________________________________________
Powered by www.kitware.com

Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html

Please keep messages on-topic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Search the list archives at: http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtkusers

Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers
Loading...