How best to show polydata within certain bounds

How best to show polydata within certain bounds

Richard Layman
Hi there,

I want to display only the portion of a set of polydata within a bounding
box (ie, leave out the portion outside). I have already tried the
SetClippingPlanes on the mapper (defined in the supper class
AbstractMapper). It works except the renderer does not seem to take it into
account when the bounds are computed so the camera doesn't zoom in when the
bounding box is small. Is this the way it's intended?

Is there any other approach I cound take? Is there a simple way to get the
portion of the polydata inside the bounding box if it comes to that?

Thanks,

Richard