How to change Character Set to Unicode?

tdchen
When I changed my vtk-vc project’s Character Set property from Multi-Byte to Unicode, the compiler reports some problems.
I changed the code and makes the problems dispeared.
But when I start runing the program , it breaks down.
I have looked the VTK solution, all of its projects use Multi-Byte Character Set.
The vc compiler always recommend to use Unicode Character Set, so I want to know how to deal with this situation.
Whether I have to change the VTK solution to use Unicode Character Set first(But how to do it, there are so many projects in the solution),Or just change my own appliction?
Thanks for any suggestion.
Sincerely Chen

Re: How to change Character Set to Unicode?

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi Chen,

To build the VTK library in unicode mode using CMake you may append
the c++ compiler flags with something like:

SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} /UMBCS /D_UNICODE /DUNICODE")

(Of course, you can edit using the CMake GUI.)

Regards,
yoshimi

> When I changed my vtk-vc project’s Character Set property from Multi-Byte to
> Unicode, the compiler reports some problems.
> I changed the code and makes the problems dispeared.
> But when I start runing the program , it breaks down.
> I have looked the VTK solution, all of its projects use Multi-Byte Character
> Set.
> The vc compiler always recommend to use Unicode Character Set, so I want to
> know how to deal with this situation.
> Whether I have to change the VTK solution to use Unicode Character Set
> first(But how to do it, there are so many projects in the solution),Or just
> change my own appliction?
> Thanks for any suggestion.
> Sincerely Chen

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Re: [SPAM] Re: How to change Character Set to Unicode?

tdchen
Thank you so much kenichiro.
I'll try in the GUI.