How to create resliceAxes from two points in a curve?

How to create resliceAxes from two points in a curve?

VTK - Users mailing list
I would like to use vtkImageReslice to get the cross section of a curve at a
point P0.

To compute the reslixeAxes, I would like to use P0 and its neighboring point
P1 to decisde the direction.

As you know, resliceAxes is a vtkMatrix4x4. I think it should be somehting
as:

A, B, C, P0.x
D, E, F,  P0.y
G, H, I,  P0.z
0,  0, 0,   1

Can anyone let me know how to compute the value of {A, B, ... I}  based on
P0 and P1?

Thank you!

Re: How to create resliceAxes from two points in a curve?

Jounly
You can use vtkMath::Perpendiculars(A,B,C,0) to generate the other two directions, where A is p0-p1 or p1-p0

richard anderson via vtkusers <[hidden email]> 于2019年3月13日周三 上午3:28写道:
I would like to use vtkImageReslice to get the cross section of a curve at a
point P0.

To compute the reslixeAxes, I would like to use P0 and its neighboring point
P1 to decisde the direction.

As you know, resliceAxes is a vtkMatrix4x4. I think it should be somehting
as:

A, B, C, P0.x
D, E, F,  P0.y
G, H, I,  P0.z
0,  0, 0,   1

Can anyone let me know how to compute the value of {A, B, ... I}  based on
P0 and P1?

Thank you!

Re: How to create resliceAxes from two points in a curve?

VTK - Users mailing list
Thank you very much for the help!

After reslice, the output is an 2D image, is there anyway to know the coordinate of point  P0 in the 2D image?

or is there any way to make P0 at the center of output 2D image?

Thanks again!

On Thursday, March 14, 2019, 12:29:04 AM PDT, Xing Li <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can use vtkMath::Perpendiculars(A,B,C,0) to generate the other two directions, where A is p0-p1 or p1-p0

richard anderson via vtkusers <[hidden email]> 于2019年3月13日周三 上午3:28写道:
I would like to use vtkImageReslice to get the cross section of a curve at a
point P0.

To compute the reslixeAxes, I would like to use P0 and its neighboring point
P1 to decisde the direction.

As you know, resliceAxes is a vtkMatrix4x4. I think it should be somehting
as:

A, B, C, P0.x
D, E, F,  P0.y
G, H, I,  P0.z
0,  0, 0,   1

Can anyone let me know how to compute the value of {A, B, ... I}  based on
P0 and P1?

Thank you!

Re: How to create resliceAxes from two points in a curve?

WtDMaO
Hi~I've come across the same problem like you.

I wonder if you have solved your problem? It will be appreciated if you can
share your solution.