How to eliminate light and dark shades?

Rakesh  Patil

Hi,

I am trying to perform boolean operation of two cuboids. Before performing boolean operation, the surface representation of the cuboids are shown correct. After boolean operation, I am seeing light and dark shades on the output object of boolean operation. Earlier I was using VTK 6.3. To check the boolean operation functionality (whether vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter still produces holes) I was trying with VTK 7.1.

I would like to know how can I eliminate those light and dark shades? I have disabled scalar visibility and shading.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

boolFilter_vtk7_1.png (85K) Download Attachment

Re: How to eliminate light and dark shades?

Rakesh  Patil

Hi,

Forgot to mention in my previous message, please see the attachment for the reference.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

Re: How to eliminate light and dark shades?

Rakesh  Patil

Hi,

Anyone got any clue on this?

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

Forgot to mention in my previous message, please see the attachment for the reference.

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil

Re: How to eliminate light and dark shades?

David Gobbi
Hi Rakesh,

You can try fixing the polygon normals by using vtkPolyDataNormals with ConsistencyOn().

 - David

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Rakesh Patil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Anyone got any clue on this?

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh Patil