How to enable capping for Cone ?

Girish Lande
Hi Experts,

I am trying to draw Cone with its base closed.
For that I am calling CappingOn() function provided for same.
But it doesn't seem to work. I can't think of what can be missing here.

Following is my code.

#include "stdafx.h"

#include <vtkAutoInit.h>
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL2)
VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);

#include <vtkConeSource.h>
#include <vtkPolyData.h>
#include <vtkSmartPointer.h>
#include <vtkPolyDataMapper.h>
#include <vtkActor.h>
#include <vtkRenderWindow.h>
#include <vtkRenderer.h>
#include <vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h>
#include <vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.h>
#include <vtkProperty.h>

int main(int, char *[])
{
//Create a cone
vtkSmartPointer<vtkConeSource> coneSource =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkConeSource>::New();
coneSource->SetResolution(100);
coneSource->SetCapping(true);
coneSource->Update();

//Create a mapper and actor
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper> mapper =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataMapper>::New();
mapper->SetInputConnection(coneSource->GetOutputPort());

vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor> actor =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkActor>::New();
actor->SetMapper(mapper);
actor->GetProperty()->SetOpacity(0.5);

//Create a renderer, render window, and interactor
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> renderer =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow> renderWindow =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
renderWindow->AddRenderer(renderer);
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor> renderWindowInteractor =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor>::New();
renderWindowInteractor->SetRenderWindow(renderWindow);

//Add the actors to the scene
renderer->AddActor(actor);

vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera> style =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera>::New();
renderWindowInteractor->SetInteractorStyle(style);

//Render and interact
renderWindow->SetSize(800, 800);
renderWindow->Render();
renderWindowInteractor->Start();

return EXIT_SUCCESS;

--
thanks & regards,
Girish

Disclaimer: This email message including any attachments is confidential, and may be privileged and proprietary to Agiliad. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message including any attachments. You are NOT authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. Thank you.

Re: How to enable capping for Cone ?

kenichiro yoshimi
Hi Girish,

Rendering translucent geometry is incorrectly done.  Would you see if
the following helps?
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Visualization/CorrectlyRenderTranslucentGeometry/

Thanks,
yoshimi