How to redistribute ActiViz/VTK dll's?

franko
We have a Windows .Net x86 project that has 2 executables in different directories. Due to the evolution of the project the executables can't be in the same directory. We would like to be able to install all the ActiViz/vtk dll's in one "bin" directory. The executables work fine as long as all the ActiViz/vtk dll's are included in the same directory as the executable. The executables fail when the dll's are not present in the same directory.

Here are some things I tried:

- Change the System Environment Variable "Path" to include the path to the directory with the dll's. The executables did not find the dll's.
- regsvr32 Kitware.VTK.dll
This reports the following error:
The module "Kitware.VTK.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "Kitware.VTK.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: How to redistribute ActiViz/VTK dll's?

VTK - Users mailing list
Could you make one of your executables just a forwarding stub
executable that delegates its entire run to an executable in another
directory...? It's easy enough to create sub-processes in a .NET app...

Otherwise, I'm afraid you may have to duplicate the ActiViz/VTK dlls or
get into building a custom ActiViz that can handle being loaded from
PATH (not sure how easy that would be...).

HTH,
David C.