How to retrieve cells by Type from a vtkUnstructuredGrid?

How to retrieve cells by Type from a vtkUnstructuredGrid?

scotsman60
Hello,

I have a vtkUnstructuredGrid comprising multiple cell types - hexas, tetras,
trias, quads etc.

I need to process the cells by type so I'm looking for a way to extract the
cells by type.

I looked at the vtkThresholdFilter but it seems like I first need to have a
cell scalar array to identify the cell types

I'm pursuing the idea of getting an array of cell types either from the
vtkUnstructuredGrid or from a vtkCellArray - but I can't find the API's I
need to accomplish this.

Any/all ideas will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Doug