How to split large models into smaller pieces when exporting the scene?

How to split large models into smaller pieces when exporting the scene?

landings
Hi, I'm using VTK with Unity 3D.
I use vtkX3DExporter to export my VTK scene, and rebuild the meshes in Unity.
Unity and maybe all game engines don't support single models that have more than 65536 vertices. I must split large models into smaller pieces.
Is there an existing method to do this, or do I need to implement this myself? If the latter, could you give me some hints?

Re: How to split large models into smaller pieces when exporting the scene?

Bill Lorensen
This example may help:
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/Cxx/Meshes/SplitPolyData/

Bill

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 10:49 PM, landings <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I'm using VTK with Unity 3D.
> I use vtkX3DExporter to export my VTK scene, and rebuild the meshes in
> Unity.
> Unity and maybe all game engines don't support single models that have more
> than 65536 vertices. I must split large models into smaller pieces.
> Is there an existing method to do this, or do I need to implement this
> myself? If the latter, could you give me some hints?

Re: How to split large models into smaller pieces when exporting the scene?

landings
Thank you very much!