INTERPOLATE ON STL: Plotting scalar field on 50 points on An 70000-points STL surface

hfs

INTERPOLATE ON STL: Plotting scalar field on 50 points on An 70000-points STL surface

hfs
Hello,

I have an STL surface file. The data were sampled on 50 selected points only
(wind tunnel test).
I want to visualize the field as a contour on the STL file.

I know basic stuff on how to use VTK python library. But this task I want it
involves:
- interpolating the field inside the probes-area
- extrapolating outside the probes-area
- then creating the final VTK file.
- maybe triangulation is also needed..

OR, there might be a crazy filter in paraview that can do the whole thing!

Any help would be appreciated..

HFS

hfs

Re: INTERPOLATE ON STL: Plotting scalar field on 50 points on An 70000-points STL surface

hfs
I am re-sending this since it was rejected before the subscription was accepted.
Sorry about that.

HFS

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 3:35 PM Hosam S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have an STL surface file. The data were sampled on 50 selected points only
(wind tunnel test).
I want to visualize the field as a contour on the STL file.

I know basic stuff on how to use VTK python library. But this task I want it
involves:
- interpolating the field inside the probes-area
- extrapolating outside the probes-area
- then creating the final VTK file.
- maybe triangulation is also needed..

OR, there might be a crazy filter in paraview that can do the whole thing!

Any help would be appreciated..

HFS

Re: INTERPOLATE ON STL: Plotting scalar field on 50 points on An 70000-points STL surface

wyldckat
Quoting from an email from a couple of weeks ago: