ITK Apps cmake error

Kevin H. Hobbs
As soon as I tell cmake where to find vtk, I get the error below.

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /opt/vtk/lib/vtk-5.1/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7:
 LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load command failed from file : libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so

libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so exists in the vtk BUILD directory but was not
installed.

If I sudo cp kitware/VTK_Build/CMake/*.so /opt/vtk/lib/vtk-5.1/CMake/
then the error goes away.