Image RGBToHSV Conversion Example Clarification

Image RGBToHSV Conversion Example Clarification

Ashray Malhotra
Hello,

I found this example of converting an RGB input image to the HSV color domain.

In the extractHue, saturation and value filters, input is the output of image reader whereas I believe it should be the output of the vtkImageRGBToHSV filter. I ran the above example on a test image and got this result

I modified the code by giving the input as output of vtkImageRGBToHSV filter.
My code is

And the output image that I get is

which is completely different from the previous one.

Can someone please tell me if I am making an error or is there an error in the example.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ashray Malhotra

--
Regards
Ashray Malhotra

Re: Image RGBToHSV Conversion Example Clarification

David Doria-2-3
On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Ashray Malhotra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I found this example of converting an RGB input image to the HSV color domain.

In the extractHue, saturation and value filters, input is the output of image reader whereas I believe it should be the output of the vtkImageRGBToHSV filter. I ran the above example on a test image and got this result

I modified the code by giving the input as output of vtkImageRGBToHSV filter.
My code is

And the output image that I get is

which is completely different from the previous one.

Can someone please tell me if I am making an error or is there an error in the example.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ashray Malhotra

You are correct - it was a typo. I've corrected it on the wiki.

David