Importing OBJ files with multiple objects

Importing OBJ files with multiple objects

ochampao

Hello everyone.

I would like to import a 3D geometry consisting of multiple objects defined in a single .obj file. Is there a way of doing this in VTK?

I have looked at the vtkOBJReader, however this class doesn't seem to recognise multiple objects. The complete geometry is loaded as a single polydata object, rather than multiple ones (one per obj object).

Thanks.

Re: Importing OBJ files with multiple objects

Ken Martin
vtkOBJImporter,  It has a couple bugs I am aware of that I'll be fixing today, but it creates an actor per material and supports material colors etc.

Thanks
Ken

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:41 AM, Panayiotis Georgiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone.

I would like to import a 3D geometry consisting of multiple objects defined in a single .obj file. Is there a way of doing this in VTK?

I have looked at the vtkOBJReader, however this class doesn't seem to recognise multiple objects. The complete geometry is loaded as a single polydata object, rather than multiple ones (one per obj object).

Thanks.

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

Re: Importing OBJ files with multiple objects

shayan moradkhani
hi,
would you give me a hint about how to import .obj 3D CAD models from
solidworks to vtk?
i'm creating a .stl from solidworks and then having imported that in
meshlab, i'll take and .obj from there.
i had a look at vtkOBJReader, but it seems to be one ready.exe file, but how
can i connect this code to my own project?
i wanna load a model, get its location in which it is loaded and then move
it.
any hint would be appreciated