Quantcast

Improper hollow Mesh generated when clipping with vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter

Improper hollow Mesh generated when clipping with vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter

Seun Odutola
Hello guys,

     I have a problem where I’m clipping two poly datas using a ‘vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter’ and these poly datas were created using the result of ‘vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter’ with the extraction mode set to largest region. The result sometimes returns a hollow shaped mesh although clipped the mesh is clearly hollow, whereas other times the resulting clipped mesh is properly clipped as expected with no hollow structure. I was wondering, has anyone experienced this or is there something to be done or some configuration settings that needs to be executed to prevent this from happening that I’m obviously not carrying out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Seun