Interactive cut plane

Eigil Samset
I'm implementing an interactive cutplane using a vtkClipPolyData with a
vtkPlane as the implicit function. In order to move the plane around I use
the SetTransform method on the vtkPlane. This gives far from interactive
speed. Whenever I set a new transform it takes in the order of 1s to update
the display (changing the camera pos/orientation is instant). Any other
suggestions?

Eigil

Re: Interactive cut plane

Mathieu Malaterre-2
Eigil Samset wrote:
> I'm implementing an interactive cutplane using a vtkClipPolyData with a
> vtkPlane as the implicit function. In order to move the plane around I use
> the SetTransform method on the vtkPlane. This gives far from interactive
> speed. Whenever I set a new transform it takes in the order of 1s to update
> the display (changing the camera pos/orientation is instant). Any other
> suggestions?

Myabe you can have a look at how this is done in :

vtkImagePlaneWidget
or
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget

HTH
Mathieu

Re: Interactive cut plane

Eigil Samset
VtkImplicitPlaneWidget uses SetNormal and SetOrigin on the vtkPlane. I'd
like to have the changed position and orientation of the plane be a part of
the pipeline, so that there would be no need for setting plane parameters
with a vtkTransform changes.

Eigil