Is augmented reality with the OpenVR module possible?

Is augmented reality with the OpenVR module possible?

BenjaminN13
Hello, While looking for a high level framework to create some simple virtual reality applications, I stumbled upon the OpenVR module of VTK. It looks very promising but since I have an HTC Vive Pro with two front cameras, I was wondering if it was possible to overlay virtual objects on top of the video feed to create an augmented reality app. From what I can read here, it seems that it's a single camera rendering the scene from the two points of view so I don't know if it is feasible to set a different background image for each eye. If it's possible, can you give me some pointers on how can I achieve this? Thanks

Re: Is augmented reality with the OpenVR module possible?

VTK - Users mailing list
Hi,

Could you post your question to https://discourse.vtk.org? Community support for VTK has transitioned to that forum, and you are more likely to get an answer there.

Thanks,