Journal article about rendering improvements in VTK

Journal article about rendering improvements in VTK

Marcus D. Hanwell-2
Hi,

I would like to draw your attention to our open access (CC-BY) article about rendering improvements in the Visualization Toolkit in a new open access journal called SoftwareX. We are among the first publications, and we are pleased to see more journals working to highlight the importance of reusable, open source software in scientific research.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2015.04.001

The corrected proof is now available, it discusses some of the OpenGL2 rendering improvements present in VTK 6.2. As noted in the acknowledgements this work was supported by the NIH VTK maintenance grant.

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Journal article about rendering improvements in VTK

Frederic Perez-3
Thank you Marcus for sharing the info and, most importantly, for all the effort you people invest in all the open source toolkits we all use (and benefit) from!

Bon week-end,

Frederic

--

Best,
Frederic Perez, PhD

T.: 0034 932 380 592  alma-medical.com
A: http://five.sentenc.es

Re: Journal article about rendering improvements in VTK

VTK - Users mailing list
Hear, hear!

Really looking forward to the day the OpenGL2 backend is declared "ready for prime time"...

Thanks to all of you for your hard work on making this speedup a reality!

David C.

--

A: http://five.sentenc.es