Karego broken

Ken Martin
Something broke karego nightly submissions last Tuesday and they are still broken. The configure error is

CMake Error at CMake/vtkModuleMacros.cmake:559 (target_compile_features):
  The compiler feature "cxx_override" is not known to CXX compiler

  "GNU"

  version 4.6.3.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/vtkModuleMacros.cmake:661 (vtk_add_library)
  Common/Core/CMakeLists.txt:726 (vtk_module_library)

Ring a bell with anyone?

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer

Re: Karego broken

Robert Maynard-4
Hi Ken,

This was caused by the changes required to explicitly require a C++11 compiler. The compiler on Karego is too old, so we need to either upgrade the compiler to GCC 4.8 or we need to move the builds to a new machine.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Ken Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Something broke karego nightly submissions last Tuesday and they are still broken. The configure error is

CMake Error at CMake/vtkModuleMacros.cmake:559 (target_compile_features):
  The compiler feature "cxx_override" is not known to CXX compiler

  "GNU"

  version 4.6.3.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/vtkModuleMacros.cmake:661 (vtk_add_library)
  Common/Core/CMakeLists.txt:726 (vtk_module_library)

Ring a bell with anyone?

--
Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

Re: Karego broken

David E DeMarle
I'll see about updating the compiler as a stop gap to restore VTK's coverage, valgrind and oxygen submissions.
The machine is rather old though we'll move those somewhere else afterward.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Robert Maynard <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The machine had 4.6.3. Now it has and uses by default 4.8.1 on it. We'll see if that works tonight. If not I'll try 5.4.1 tomorrow.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:16 AM, David E DeMarle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'll see about updating the compiler as a stop gap to restore VTK's coverage, valgrind and oxygen submissions.
The machine is rather old though we'll move those somewhere else afterward.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: <a href="tel:(518)%20881-4909" value="+15188814909" target="_blank">518-881-4909

[...]

Added a new valgrind suppression. Hopefully all will be well on karego-at tomorrow.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive