Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

abhishek
Hello Users,

I am migrating a project from VS-2008 to VS-2012.

For this, I have recompiled VTK 5.10.1 with VS-2012. VTK compilation is successful. But, when I am linking vtk libraries in my project. I am getting linker error lnk2001, at places where vtkDataArray is involved.

Any idea, what is wrong?? If some more information is required, I can provide that.

Re: Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

Bill Lorensen
Make sure you build the same configuration (Debug, RelWithDebInfo…)
for both vtk and your project.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:55 AM, abhishek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Users,
>
> I am migrating a project from VS-2008 to VS-2012.
>
> For this, I have recompiled VTK 5.10.1 with VS-2012. VTK compilation is
> successful. But, when I am linking vtk libraries in my project. I am getting
> linker error lnk2001, at places where vtkDataArray is involved.
>
> Any idea, what is wrong?? If some more information is required, I can
> provide that.

Re: Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

John Drescher-2
> I am migrating a project from VS-2008 to VS-2012.
>
> For this, I have recompiled VTK 5.10.1 with VS-2012. VTK compilation is
> successful. But, when I am linking vtk libraries in my project. I am getting
> linker error lnk2001, at places where vtkDataArray is involved.
>
> Any idea, what is wrong?? If some more information is required, I can
> provide that.

Can you post the CMakeLists.txt for your application?

John

Re: Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

John Drescher-2
> Make sure you build the same configuration (Debug, RelWithDebInfo…)
> for both vtk and your project.

Also make sure you built vtk with Visual Studio 2012.

John

Re: Linker error when using vtk 5.10 with visual studio 2012.

abhishek
Hello Bill,

I found the problem. I was using header files from VS2008 build.

Thanks, Abhishek.