Linking to Physics libraries

kay

Linking to Physics libraries

kay
Is it possible to link the VTK with the any of the physics libraries like ODE or Bullet?
I would like to use the Joints/collision in the VTK where I am already rendering few actors.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

For reference to implement something like this

Re: Linking to Physics libraries

chiranjibsur
I have not used ODE myself but given the C++ API's are available, they can be interfaced with VTK.

I have experienced that if you discretize any rigid body interms of point data, it is easy to interface. I have worked on interfacing smoothed particle hydrodynamis (SPH) with VTK - both for computation and rendering. It works like charm!

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5743554/poseutility_ik_inversekinematics.png>