Merge request process ?

drjustice
I am wondering how was he merge request process works. There are about 140 mrs today.

How do they get approved or declined? Do they stay in the queue forever? When do submitters get feedback about the mrs?

Thanks
Patrick Bergeron

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Merge request process ?

Mathieu Westphal
Hello Patrick,

First a big thank you ! It is always great to have external contribution and I agree to say that our process shoudl be explained more clearly.

If you think your Merge Request is ready to be tested and merged, please tag a VTK developpers on it so we can review it.
Please read the VTK coding standard to be sure that your code is following it.

The easiest to know how to tag could be by using git blame on the file you are modifying.
In any case you can always tag : @ken\-martin @berkgeveci @mwestphal @jpouderoux @allisonvacanti @demarle @dgobbi @cory.quammen @acbauer
Just to name a few.
You can also send an email on this mailing list asking for reviews and tests, while describing a little bit so people quickly reading their mail can know if they are interested or not.

Once you have a total of "+2" on your MR, and tests passes, you can ask for a merge, and we will take care of it.

Best regards,

For those how want to take a look, here are Patrick's contributions

Mathieu Westphal