Missing URL for xdmf license

Bill Lorensen
Folks,

I am cleaning up missing url's in the VTK code base (not Qt related url's).

This url does not exist:
./IO/Xdmf2/vtkXdmfDataArray.h : ERROR URL:  http://www.arl.hpc.mil/ice
404 Not Found

Since it refers to a license file, it should be fixed.

Does someone have a substitute URL?

Bill

Re: Missing URL for xdmf license

David Cole-2
Looks like this page:

    http://www.arl.hpc.mil/special/cse.html

says "for the software platform once known as the Interdisciplinary
Computing Environment (ICE)"

...but it doesn't say what it is now, or if CSE supercedes ICE as a
favored TLA. Hopefully, somebody actually from ARL still listens in
here, and can chime in.

:-)
David C.

Re: Missing URL for xdmf license

Bill Lorensen
I found the license here:
http://www.paraview.org/paraview-license/

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:29 PM, David Cole <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like this page:
>
>    http://www.arl.hpc.mil/special/cse.html
>
> says "for the software platform once known as the Interdisciplinary
> Computing Environment (ICE)"
>
> ...but it doesn't say what it is now, or if CSE supercedes ICE as a favored
> TLA. Hopefully, somebody actually from ARL still listens in here, and can
> chime in.
>

> :-)
> David C.

Re: Missing URL for xdmf license

David E DeMarle
Why vtkXdmfDataArray.h doesn't just use the VTK copyright like everything else in that directory does I do not know but I suspect it should. It is actually using the copyright that you see in Thirdparty/xdmf2/vtkxdmf2 which holds the Copyright.txt it mentions. Both directories are extracts of XDMF (git://xdmf.org/Xdmf.git). The vtk == IO/Xdmf2 directory was mostly Kitware's doing, libsrc == Thirdparty/xdmf3/vtkxdmf3 was mostly ARL. Authorship is probably why they differ in the first place. In the newest XDMF (git://public.kitware.com/Xdmf2.git) the url is gone but otherwise it reads the same but with a new author and date.

I'll ask the ARL guys Wednesday what they want to do.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive