Quantcast

Multiple volumes rendering with vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

Multiple volumes rendering with vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

vijayakm
Dear all,

        I am working on rendering several volumes, including overlapping in the same view with VTK.

        To implement this renderer, I used the following solution:                https://github.com/bozorgi/VTKMultiVolumeRayCaster

        I managed to migrate this on VTK 7.1, but It is pretty slow, then I decided to update the solution to OpenGL2, which might increase dramatically the performance of the renderer.
        However, I found that you are working on multiple volumes renderer with vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper using OpenGL2.
(link: http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2016-August/096345.html)

        May I ask you if I can have more information about it:

             Did you manage to do something relevant?
             Did you encounter any difficulty?
             Could you give a rough estimation of the release?

Sincerely,
vijayakM