Obtain bone missing on patient head | Dicom

Obtain bone missing on patient head | Dicom

Matimont
Hi,

We have a 3D printer which we plan to use to build missing parts of bones after head surgery for skull repair/replacement. For that task we also plan to use VTK to extract the missing parts of the bone. We tried registering the patient head against the same patient head but flipped in X axis (using ITK) then use the subtract module in VTK to try to obtain just the bone that was missing but the results were not so good.

Is there a way to accomplish this using VTK or any combination of VTK and other tools?

Thanks,

Matias.
--
Matias