Offset contours

VTK - Users mailing list
Hello All,

I need to create offset contours for a contour (polygon) that is created by vtkCutter. Basically I need to create an inner and outer contours by a specific offset for cutter contour. I am wondering if there is a way in VTK to get this.

Thank you
Rao

Re: Polydata cross-section contours

VTK - Users mailing list
I am adding more details to this question.

Basically I am comparing two polydata sets (target and source). These are STL files with triangular facets. I am comparing the polydata sets in the following way:
1. Using the ImplicitPolyDataDistance function to get the distance from a point on the source to target polydata. I use this to find the distance  at mouse locations. This works perfect.
2. Creating cross-section contours of source and contour using the vtkCutter and visually compare the contours.

However, I want to the source contour to be within + or - 0.2mm tolerance from target contour. It would be easy for me if I have two more contours with +0.2 offset and -0.2 offset from the target contour. This makes my visual comparison easier.

I tried to render the target contour with 0.4 thickness which solves this problem partly, but when I zoom in, the thickness does not change.

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.