Offsetting elevation data

Marcio Antonio Mathias
Hi,

I need tho implement a topography view of a place. The elevations values lies between 900 m and 1200 m. The data input is ASCII format and I am using a VtkStructuredPointsReader to start the pipeline. As I have a large offset when compared to the elevation variation range, the visualization result is poor and I did not find any filter or method for data offsetting. I intend to get similar result as  Saint Helens montain, presented at "SphereWidget.tcl", but a convertion from the current format to "U.S. Geological Survey" - "dem" format used in the exemple is out of question.
Does someone know a filter or a method that might solve this problem? If necessary I can send my current tcl pipeline and a small dataset.
Thanks for any hint.

Marcio.

Yahoo! Mail