OpenVR vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h

Lim, Theodore
Hi,

Is this header file vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h available? vtkOpenVRRenderWindow.cxx asks for it.

When building openVR on mac this header is missing and is also not found in Git.

Thanks, Theo.
________________________________

Heriot-Watt University is The Times & The Sunday Times International University of the Year 2018

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences. This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:

  1.  Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
  2.  Edinburgh Business School a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900. Edinburgh Business School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with registered number SC173556 and registered office at Heriot-Watt University Finance Office, Riccarton, Currie, Midlothian, EH14 4AS
  3.  Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.

The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.

Re: OpenVR vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h

Sean McBride
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 23:54:48 +0000, Lim, Theodore said:

>Is this header file vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h available?

It does not.  But vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h does.

>vtkOpenVRRenderWindow.cxx asks for it.

Definitely a copy-pasto.  These files do exist:

vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow.h
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.h
vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h
vtkEGLRenderWindow.h
vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.h
vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow.h
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.h
vtkIOSRenderWindow.h

Notice some have OpenGL in the name, some do not.  This inconsistency likely caused someone to use the wrong name I guess.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: OpenVR vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h

Lim, Theodore
Much appreciated, Sean.

I’ve tried vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h but it kicked up a fuss. Will explore further.

Many thanks, Theo.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 00:11:03 +0000, Lim, Theodore said:

>I’ve tried vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h but it kicked up a fuss. Will explore
>further.

You are clearly the first to *actually* compile this config, so likely it's never been tested.  :)

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 [hidden email]
Rogue Research                        www.rogue-research.com
Mac Software Developer              Montréal, Québec, Canada

Re: OpenVR vtkCocoaOpenGLRenderWindow.h

Sean McBride
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 00:11:03 +0000, Lim, Theodore said:

>Much appreciated, Sean.
>
>I’ve tried vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h but it kicked up a fuss. Will explore
>further.

Theo,

I made this patch:
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/5455>